- Have a backup strategy!
- It is best to have 3 copies of your images: hard disk, CD, DVD, etc.
- Automate it as much as possible. It is easy to forget or put off manual backups.
- Having some form of off site backup is important because of fire, flood, etc.
- Remember these images are or will be a primary source of income (or maybe they are just irreplaceable family photos).
- Don’t skimp on cost for your backup.
Personally I have an external drive that mirrors my main image drive plus another drive I keep off site. I am also looking at one of the online backup services.